Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One Goal Down, One to Go!

In October 2012, I first heard about Tatum's Bags of Fun triathlon team. It was a big commitment to raise funds and train for a full IRONMAN. When I started doing triathlons last year, I had a dream of becoming an IRONMAN, but I didn't think it would be anytime soon. I had only done two sprint triathlons and really didn't train for them. I had a newborn daughter and time management would be an issue.

God kept tugging at my heart for the next 3 months to send an email to Jayson Parker and help pediatric cancer patients. I sent the email on January 4th, 2013. On January 5th, I was signed up for IRONMAN Louisville and my journey began. Today marked one milestone down, with one to go. I reached my fundraising goal of $4,500! I know that I will help bring some smiles to pediatric cancer patients with the help of family and friends! I am happy that I have brought awareness to Tatum's Bag's of Fun and pediatric cancer! I have met a lot of great people and gained new friends! 

I have trained hard these past 8 months and learned a lot about myself and life. I am forever grateful for my wife Nickole who has put up with my training commitments. It's not easy training for an IRONMAN and that goes for spouses as well!! 

In 12 days, I will become an IRONMAN! Wow, what a ride it has been!

One Goal Down, One to Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Color Wheelset Should I Get?